X-Fusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
X-Fusion

We are a L4D Clan. Committed to put the infected out of their misery.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skell

Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help Empty
PostSubject: Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help   Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:33 pm

I just found this and I recommend you all read it since it will help us in the Team vs. Team fight (That I have lost big time twice!)

The credits goes to JeffAndersen
Quote :
There are many ways to play a hunter, and many tricks to succeeding. There are basically 2 sections of how you play a hunter (and you can change between them at any time based on the situation).

The first is the direct approach. This is simple. It becomes you vs. the opponent.

Tactics under this include: (Ignoring any other infected)
1. The pounce. The simple, 1 on 1, 10 foot pounce. This does very little damage and doesn't help your team out at all because you will most likely be shot or hit off right away.

2. The leap. This is easy to do, and more effective at times. You get into a high area, aim into the air and leap. You come crashing down onto the survivor doing anywhere from 6-25 damage to the person. This then turns into the 1v1 and you'll most likely be smashed off and killed.

3. The sneak attack. You sit behind a wall or other object at any distance. And pounce. This is just a stealth attack trying to get the element of surprise. This rarely works and most likely gets you bashed off and shot in the head.

Ok, so that explains most of the 1v1 tactics. They normally aren't good to use unless their teammates are occupied but that doesn't always happen, and you waste time. Of course applying any of these in sync with other infected makes the failure rate almost 0. A a smoker and 2 hunters can efficiently kill a team very quickly, but that requires everything to work out.

So, now for the.. 'indirect' approach:

This is the group that deals with you and the other infected. I recently learned on my own how to do this, and that's what inspired me to help make you a better infected. As a hunter, you can easily help your team and do the most damage by helping your fellow infected at perfect moments. When you are with a team mate, you should use each other to help and most people know the first tactic I'll explain. Tactics/Situations include:

Hunter 1 pounces and opponent. You sit and wait for one person to break off from the pack and help him, and as that survivor breaks off you pounce him. This allows your teammate to get the most hits on him while also downing another teammate. This is useful in low health survivor situations, or in situations where the other 2 are occupied.

The next thing I'll talk about.. most people don't get yet, and this is the most important thing you can do. This comes from the approach of taking them out one at a time. 4 weak survivors are better than 3 medium health survivors.

Hunter and hunter: This is simple. Hunter 1 picks one off the pack when the others are busy. The second hunter comes up to the downed survivor, and slashes. Hunters do 5 damage per hit when their on a survivor, but 10 when you simply slash them. That's 15 damage every second, meaning you'll incapacitate a health survivor in 7 seconds, and kill them in 20 after that. They now have 1 less survivor, and a bigger problem.

Hunter and Smoker; What to do, and not do: The most common situation I see if a smoker hangs a survivor a hunter pounces on them anyways. This is almost never a good idea, and is simple a KS. What you should do, assuming there are few survivors or else. If the smoker pulls them to a place you can reach, run up and just start slashing them. A smoker was level with a survivor and pulled him towards him and as the smoker was doing it I ran up and start slashing him. We killed the survivor and proceeded to do the same to another.

Hunter, Boomer, and another infected: This is just a faster way to kill one survivor, effective if there are 1 or two left. The boomer will throw up on a survivor, as the horde comes the hunter will pounce him. This means the survivor can't melee the zombies away and death will be upon them shortly. If this happens, another hunter, a boomer, or smoker can run up and slash them.

Another situation would be if a boomer throws up on a survivor, hang them as a smoker. As this is happening the hunter should run up and start slashing. This again is a fast way to kill someone.

Bonus: Hunter and Witch (Or the demon car): Here's the trick, some hunters choose to hide behind the car or the witch trying to get the survivors to accidentally shoot it. To do this with a witch, simply crouch behind it and wait. Sometimes it works, sometimes the players are smart. This one is the least common though as it's not always set up right. (Except with cars as they are part of the map.
Addition from gnome:
Also, luring survivors to shoot the car or the witch.is always extremely useful because it's a huge benefit and 90% of the time they fall for it. Especially if you're playing as a smoker, because then if you strangle someone from behind the car they almost always have no choice, because even if they melee you they almost always end up setting off the alarm. Same thing with the witch, but it's even easier because you can usually conceal her almost completely if you crouch in front of her as just about any class. Plus bullets can often pass through you, so if they try to shoot you they often end up hitting the witch, and that usually ends up as an instant incap for one of them. Some people complain that the witch.is too weak on Versus, but how powerful do you need her to be? An instant incap is PLENTY useful to the infected side. That's an entire bar of health drained in a second, and if their teammates are distracted enough she can even kill them.

That is what I've learned from playing Left 4 Dead and I think it'll be very helpful and will make infected even more fun (and full of rape!).

Just remember, ALL INFECTED CAN MELEE, IF YOU SEE THE CHANCE, HELP OUT AND ELIMINATE A SURVIVOR COMPLETELY.
Back to top Go down
TheCrazyCat

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help   Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 9:53 pm

I see 0,0 let me use this as a guide >,<
Back to top Go down
VeNoM

VeNoM

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help   Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Good post. I suggest people getting to know that well. I will be reading this again and again till i freaking get it right.
Back to top Go down
Skell

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help   Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:00 pm

I just found something useful that I didn't know about until now
Quote :
Have you ever had a witch spawn in a useless place that the survivors can just walk pass? Then this technique is for you. Smacking the witch with your claws does not piss her off but if you pounce at her, she rages. The witch will chase your ass down so you better run to the place that you want her to be. After you have gotten to the location, sit there and let her kill you. Soon after you have died she will sit down and begin to cry again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help   Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunter Tips/Tricks/Guides/Help
Page 1 of 1